The history of Copenhagen Golf Club
KGK was founded in 1898 and is the oldest golf club in Scandinavia.
Initially, the game was played on Lammefælleden close to Vibenshus Runddel in Copenhagen. The players dug the holes in the morning and covered them up in the evening. After a few years the golf club was able to rent an area south-west of the Eremitage Castle, and in 1899 a 9 hole course was created opposite Klampenborg racetrack. In 1928 the current 18 hole course was inaugurated; 16 of 18 holes are still played in the same order as back then.